Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Cold and Snowy Hallelujah

Performed this evening in "February Follies" production in Mount Vernon, reading Jake's Moonlight Monologue from my historical drama "Phoebe," about legendary Mansfield, Ohio, eccentric Phoebe Wise. I also made a rare public appearance singing, performing the Leonard Cohen song "Hallelujah," albeit more along the lines of covers by Jeff Buckley and Rufus Wainwright, because I'm a tenor, not a bass-baritone like Cohen. I was nervous in the first verse, clicked into groove in the second and had the audience with me by the third. What an intense song! They were also very closely listening to the monologue. Too bad the crowd was miserably small, thanks to the umpteenth snowfall of the month going on outside. We'll try it once more tomorrow night, though the weather's not slated to be a whole lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment